Today’s article is for small-medium-sized manufacturers whose manual scheduling methods are not doing the job.
Paper-based employee scheduling methods are:
- Slow and tedious
- Unable to quickly react to scheduling emergencies
- Prone to inaccuracies
- Not equipped to manage overtime
- Hard to share with employees
In addition, employees need to go through a supervisor or HR department to obtain schedule, time card, and PTO information and it is cumbersome for employees to submit and obtain shift change approvals.
Imagine if your production equipment was this outdated, ineffective, and inefficient.
These problems affect everyone in the business:
- Owners overpay for labor, which reduces profit margins
- Owners lose money due to high employee attrition
- Owners are in jeopardy of compliance violations
- Company misses production deadlines which threatens client contracts and business reputation
- Employees work more overtime than they want to
- Employees can’t access the schedule when they are not at work
- Staff members have to go through a manager to request shift changes
- Short-handed shifts force employees on-the-clock to pick up the slack, which, in turn, often causes employee burnout
- Scheduling managers spend so much time creating schedules that they have little time for other vital tasks
- Scheduling managers can’t easily accommodate employee schedule requests
Deep-rooted problems that affect every level of the organization require a powerful yet easy-to-implement solution. Workforce Management Suite from Berndt CPA has tools to transform employee scheduling at manufacturing facilities.
Workforce Management Suite consists of TimeSimplicity which offers expedited scheduling and TimeWorksPlus for integrated time and attendance tracking.
- Build schedules with drag-and-drop simplicity
- Customizable job codes make sure the team members with the necessary job skills are scheduled
- System automation finds eligible employees to cover open shifts
- Customized system warnings reduce over-staffing and unplanned overtime
- Complete mobile coordination for employees and management
- Employee Self Service empowers staff to manage their time cards, post shift requests, and monitor PTO accruals
- Automatically creates audit-ready records
Workforce Management Suite is the industry-leading customizable scheduling system for manufacturing facilities that run 24/7.
Berndt CPA offers WorkforceHUB, the unified Human Resources portal that makes it easy to optimize the performance of your managers, employees, and business.
WorkforceHUB includes TimeWorksPlus, TimeSimplicity, TimeWorks Mobile, and ApplicantStack. We’ve just added recruitment, onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance reviews, and employee engagement! WorkforceHUB is created for busy employers like you who need to reduce cost-per-hire, streamline scheduling, automate time tracking, maintain regulatory compliance, and decrease labor costs.
How much can you save? Check our Berndt CPA ROI Calculator.
We can get you up and running with Workforce Management Suite in minutes. Contact us today to set up a demo.